The source code moved to git.marlam.de, see the updated download page.
Bino 1.6.7 is released!
This version fixes a problem where the beginning of a video was skipped in loop mode, and adds compatibility with the latest FFmpeg releases.
Bino 1.6.6 is released!
This version fixes the preferences dialog for multi-display fullscreen mode, and a few other problems.
Bino 1.6.5 is released!
This version fixes a bug that prevented Bino from working correctly in some languages.
Bino 1.6.4 is released!
This version fixes a several problems, including crashes with the latest Qt versions and build problems with the latest FFmpeg libraries. OpenGL stereo support is temporarily disabled when Qt >= 5.7 is used, until a proper fix is found.
Bino 1.6.3 is released!
This version fixes build problems.
Bino 1.6.2 is released!
This version includes several updates and patches collected over the last months. Please test the new preferences dialog.
Bino 1.6.1 is released!
The Russian translation was updated. No further changes were made.
Bino 1.6.0 is released!
This version adds an option to force a specific video aspect ratio, and it supports newer versions of important libraries (FFmpeg, Qt, Equalizer).
The Big Buck Bunny movie is now available in stereoscopic 3D!
Bino 1.4.4 is released!
This version fixes a bug that was introduced in version 1.4.3. Bino crashed on some input files. An upgrade is highly recommended. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bino 1.4.3 is released!
This version fixes a few bugs and restores compatibility with the latest FFmpeg versions.
Bino 1.4.2 is released!
This version restores compatibility with the latest FFmpeg versions.
Bino 1.4.1 is released!
The following changes were made:
- Fix display of 2D video and images.
- Fix compatibility with OpenGL 2.0, for certain Intel graphics chips.
- Fix problems with NVIDIA driver series 304.x on Linux.
- Fix several problems with the build system.
- Add Bulgarian translation.
Bino 1.4.0 is released!
This is the new stable version. Since version 1.2, the following features were added:
- Support for the new output mode Left/right view alternating, also known as frame sequential. This works with 120Hz active stereo projectors and displays when OpenGL stereo is not available.
- Better support for audio control. Volume, mute, and delay can be adjusted, and the output device can be selected.
- Support for scripting via script files or named pipes.
- Much improved support for older graphics cards.
- Support for video output via SDI on NVIDIA Quadro cards.
- Automatic support for high precision color input and output (30 bits per pixel).
- Single-frame stepping via the '.' key.
- An adjustable zoom mode for videos that are wider than the screen.
- Support for opening multiple input devices, and for requesting MJPEG data from input devices.
- Support for the MPO, JPS, and PNS file formats for stereoscopic images.
- Support for DLP 3-D Ready Sync.
- Various user interface tweaks, including support for multimedia keyboards and a Recent Files section in the File menu.
Older news can be found in the news archive.